It’s All About the Base
The secret to a perfect flawless natural makeup is all in the preparation. These are my four favourite products, sometime I use them all, each has a specific function, so depending on the presenting issue I may only need one item.
- Smoothing Face Prep – This fantastic primer evens out all skin types I apply with the brush on to the whole face jawline and neck. Creates a smooth coverage, balancing combination skin types, and giving a great base for the foundation.
- Enhancing Eye Prep – Developed especially for the delicate eye area, evens out skin and creates a smooth superlight base for the eye products.
- Miraculous Colour corrector – perfect for toning down red areas or blemishes
- Pure Wonder Concealer – great boost for tired skin or dark circles around the eyes, can also be used on other imperfections and fine lines. Particularly good for helping lipstick to grip to your lips and last much longer, without smudging
Fix Your Foundation
Great day long-lasting results needs strong foundations, so it is important to choose your correct colour and fix. Mii Cosmetics have a comprehensive range of mineral foundations perfect for any age or skin type. The best tip I can give is use your correct shade, it should not add colour, only enhance and even out your own natural colouring.
- For extra long-lasting results I like Absolute Face Base I always apply it with a Miracle Base brush perfectly designed to blend liquid foundations.
- Fixing your foundation is so important, for bridal I always use Mineral Irresistible Face Base which is a loose powder foundation. I press on in copious amounts over foundation, leave to settle, then dust off any loose powder with a Perfecting Mineral Kabuki brush.
- For everyday or even on the go fixing and finishing, I always carry a Mineral Perfecting Pressed Powder perfect for hand bags and on the go fixes..
To Blush or to Bronze
For bridal I do both, remembering less is more. Today’s ever-increasing options of contour products loose and fixed blushers, some with shimmer, others without, life can get very confusing. We must remember bridal makeup is a day make over not an evening look, so hard contouring and shimmer are not required for a natural look. To create this gentle delicate blush these are the products I used.
- Mineral Divine Illuminators gives a pearlescent finish, I applied around the lower eye socket and lower cheek, with a brush.
- Uplifting Cheek Colour – Bloom I pressed into the cheek bone using my fingertips it’s a pressed powder using pressure it gives an innocent natural warm pink base.
- Using a Dramatic Finish brush I applied Bronzing Face Finish Cherish giving a natural velvet smooth sheer all over glow, brushing in upward strokes over the cheek bones and into the hairline. Blending both the illuminators and base cheek colour, this gentle finish requires no heavy contouring and looks simply divine.
Eyes Window to your Soul
Careful consideration had to be taken when choosing the key colours for this photo shoot. Dresses and flower arrangements would be change, so the colours chosen were in coordination with the bride’s (models) own natural palette. Often this is the best policy, and what a great opportunity to do my own thing….and so I did.
- Keeping things as natural as possible I used Perfecting Brow Pencil – Reveal just to enhance and fill in any gaps in the brows. I didn’t want any fashion statement brows, just pure natural classic shaping.
- To highlight I used Blink – One and Only Eye Colour all over the eyelid and up to the brow, using shade colour Haze only on the eye lid I applied both colours using a Apply and Define eye applicator brush.
- Katie my model has beautiful brown eyes with a dark edge to her iris, so to create a soft eyeliner look I chose Pewter – Forever Eye Colour Crayon delivering high pigmented colour this I feel draws your attention to her eyes, just stunning.
- To finish I used Showstopping Lash Lover Mascara – Diva (black) I just love this product lengthening volumising creamy and luxurious, perfect results every day.
Just Love Those Lips
Lip colour can make or break the look, again a natural timeless finish was required, different colours in each floral bouquet varied from bright pinks to plum. A challenge indeed but I think this works, what do you think!
- Swoon – Alluring Lip Liner I always use a lip liner, it keeps colour in place, creates a base for lip colour to grip and gives a professional defining edge. I didn’t want it to be seen so I used a natural shade firstly applying a fine line around the lips then colouring in the center.
- Moisturising Lip Lover – Scintillate was my main colour choice applied with a lip brush for perfect placing.
- To give the pout, I used Shimmering Lip Sheen – Flourish just in the center of the lower lip, a tiny amount this bounces the light and creates the most perfect pout.
Many thanks to the collaboration of Skipton businesses who’s dedication to their craft made this possible, and to Katie my very patient model.
Georgina Brewster Photography Photographer
The Yorkshire Dales Flower Company Bouquets and floral hair pieces and bridal crown, the photo shoot was taken in their private garden and grounds.
The Hair Hub Skipton Hair
Sugared Almonds Bridal Emporium Kindly supplied gowns and accessories, on the day assistance and support.
Truly Essential Holistic & Beauty Natural bridal makeup
Mii Cosmetics My most fantastic natural mineral makeup range, perfect for all skin types including sensitive. Val Preston x